Integration with QB Online

Highlighted
3 0 0

First time poster here….

I run a couple of specialized online retail companies and was thinking about using Shopify for a standalone product line we've developed. But this question relates more to our existing businesses and accounting. We currently use Quickbooks Online for accounting and use Intuit Payment Network and their Virtual Terminal product. We have a love hate relationship with Intuit. Their fees are high but the accounting entries happen automatically, which saves us time. 

Our transactions typically exceed $1000 and sometimes much higher. 

If there is a way to integrate Shopify data into QuickBooks Online, I'd like to know about it. Also, the Shopify processing fees are attractive. Our existing business sells totally custom products but I'm wondering if I could generate a payment request through Shopify for a product that isn't on the website. Then I could have the Shopify site to sell the new product line but also use it for payment processing of items that aren't regular SKU's. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4175 29 400

It seems there is some progress with QB Online and Ruby... this gem shows off enough chops so that you could build a nice bridge between the two without much effort. 

I refer to this specifically, but there are likely many others like it, perhaps in Python, Java etc. 

https://github.com/ruckus/quickbooks-ruby

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
175 0 34

Yes, there are some really cool plug and play integrations available. With ZapStitch you can automatically sync customers, products and create sales receipts/invoices out of new orders into QuickBooks Online. It's a comprehensive integration and we are learning by the day thanks to shop owners like you. 

ZapStitch is a certified 5-star rated app. comes with a full feature Free Trial. Check us out! Just hit reply if you have any questions, will be glad to help  

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

ZapStitch sounds promising. I'll check it out. Thanks for the response. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
175 0 34

Hi Dave, Just putting in a word to check if you checkout out ZapStitch. You can reach out to me anytime for any help or support with your QB integration. Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Tejaswi, does ZapStich work for any other version of Quickbooks?

Co-Founder of Fed By Threads Organics
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
175 0 34

Hi Alok. Nice to hear from you! We sync Shopify with QuickBooks Online specifically. Online stores like yours are fast adopting cloud applications to automate time consuming business processes. Our focus as a integration platform is to work with cloud-online applications.

P.S: Checked out your store! amazing designs and unique fabrics. Thanks for the continuous inspiration to many entrepreneurs. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 0 1

Or you can just download your transactions for free using this app:

https://monchilla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201792915-Downloading-Shopify-Transactions

And then easily import them into QBO.

-Jack

0 Likes