Inventory Valuation - POS system

Highlighted
3 0 0

Each month I have in additon to sales reports I run a report to let me know the value (based on cost) of the inventory in my store.  It appears that's impossible with Shopify.  Can anyone enlighten me?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
224 1 25

Hi, Cheri!

Patrick, a Shopify Guru here :). 

At the moment, we don't have a way of measuring the total cost of inventory built into the platform. That being said there are a number of apps that can do it for you:

https://apps.shopify.com/stocky
https://apps.shopify.com/profiteer-cost-of-goods-sold

Hope that helps :)
Patrick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
170 0 10

Hi Cheri,

The Prosperous Shop (beta) is launching next month and we have the following feautures;

• upload your cost price
  • view sales and inventory across channels
  • receive a weekly health status report showing you which category/lines are delivering your profit
  • alerts on fast selling lines
  • suggested re-orders
  • alerts on slow selling lines
  • suggested price reduction to clear
  • Insights with actions- guiding you towards the correct actions to take.

It is free to sign up to The Prosperous Shop Beta; just click the link above, underneath our logo and fill in the contact form.

Kind regards,

Karen

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Patrick,

Is there any way to value inventory based on what's in the store and full retail value?  I don't need an exact number, but I need to be able to give my accountants an idea of what the value of my inventory is.  I don't really want to spend additional time and or money to input the information.

Thanks

Cheri

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 121

Hi Cheri,

I know it's been a while since you asked but if you're still looking for a solution, Better Reports can give you that number.

Basically it computes the total value of your inventory based on the quantity on hand of each variant and their price.

Feel free to reach out to me directly at clement@betterreports.co if you would like to know more.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
170 0 10

Hi All,

I'm happy to confirm that our app is finally live and in the app store under the inventory category.

We offer cost price upload in bulk or via our super helpful RAPID method, profit reporting through our easy to use, yet powerful dashboard, inventory visability across locations, purchase orders, price markdowns.

Feel free to take us for a test drive - we offer a 14 day free trial

Kind regards,

Karen and the team

The Prosperous Shop

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
78 0 5

Hello @Cheri_Schappert,

Report Pundit can fetch the cost of inventory report. The report can be viewed onscreen or exported within a few seconds.

Additionally, we have other pre-created inventory reports like:
Inventory on Hand
Inventory Sales Value Report
Inventory Cost Report
Out of Stock Product
Inventory level Indicator
Inventory by Location
Inventory by Product Type
Low Stock Product-

With a few clicks, you can view the reports on the screen and export them instantly.

Thanks

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

why would you not include one of the most basic and most important metrics in your platform...????!!!

Highlighted

Hey There,

If you're still looking for a solution, we launched a new app, Merchbees Inventory Value.

Merchbees Inventory Value provides the exact value of all products in stock in real-time. Whenever you click the report, you can always see the up-to-date stock value, no waiting! You can see your inventory value according to both cost and price and also your inventory quantity.

And... FREE now! You can find more details on our app page.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@merchbees.com.

Thanks

Co-Founder / Developer at https://merchbees.com
Merchbees Low Stock Alert - Keep track of your low stock items by email and slack
Merchbees Inventory Value - Know your inventory value in real-time
0 Likes