Invoice for Shopify Payment Charges?

Ivar1
Tourist
10 1 6

Hi there,

I was wondering where I can see/download the invoice for the charges that Shopify Payments charges me. I am aware of the invoices we can get from the Billing section, but these invoices does not include the expense I have from using Shopify Payments. 

Example: I sell for €100,- on the store and I use Shopify payments. Shopify charges me a % fee for the transaction and send me (let's say for example) €95,-. 

A fee is deducted for each sale I do, and this sums up to quite a bit over a month. I need an invoice for these fees. They are not charged to my card, they are deducted from the payments you send me. 

Hope this makes sense and hope you can help. 

Thanks,

Ivar

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1327 85 180

Hi there @Ivar1!

Don here from Shopify. :)

If you're using Shopify Payments and want to get details of your payouts including what fees were paid by you, you can head to the Settings > Payments menu where you can click to get more info on your Payouts.

From the Payouts menu, just select export from near the top of this menu and select the date range you wish to cover.

This will export data on your payouts to a CSV file, where you can see a breakdown that includes any fees paid by you.

What are your barriers right now? (Business, product, etc.).

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Ivar1
Tourist
10 1 6

Thank you for your reply. I have seen this, and I do download the list of fees that I pay. 

But how do I get an invoice for these fees? 

Thanks,

Ivar

0 Likes
Erdem-Salva
3 0 0

Dear Don,

Something understood wrong I guess. We do not need CSV file or something. We need invoice like in PDF Shopify sends us each month for subscription. Transaction fees must be invoiced by Shopify and send to us. Because we have to provide this invoices to Authorities. Currently, I have charged 2 transaction fees from my business account and I cannot proof it because of this invoice issue. 

Hope that you can help us.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1327 85 180

Hi there @Erdem-Salva!

Don from Shopify once again.

I checked in with our Billing team internally and with my own teammates and lead here to see what info we could share with you here that might be helpful.

If the CSV format for exporting a record of the fees charged on your payouts (as outlined above) would not work for your recording needs, it might work with any accounting software your business may be using.

If you have software (like Quickbooks, Xero, etc) for your business' accounting needs then you can try sending the data exported via CSV file to that software to create an invoice or other usable record there.

Should you not be using software like this already, there are a number of services that have created integrations with Shopify that are available in our app store.

If you're not using anything like that at all, there are a range of apps that can help provide more granular data export for reports that you can browse here.

Profitario is a popular example of apps like this that would allow to you export data export options and it's even got a free plan for stores doing up to 100 orders/month.

As with all third-party apps in our store, you can reach out to the developers directly with any support queries you have by using the contact details listed there on the app store page.

If this is something you'd like to see as an in-built feature on Shopify itself in the future, I'd be only too happy to file a request for that for you with our developer team.

Just outline here what you would like included specifically, why this is important for your business, and a link to your store I can use that info to file the best request possible on your behalf.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1327 85 180

Hi there @Erdem-Salva!

I checked in with our Billing team internally and with my own teammates and lead here to see what info we could share with you here that might be helpful.

If the CSV format for exporting a record of the fees charged on your payouts (as outlined above) would not work for your recording needs, it might work with any accounting software your business may be using.

If you have software (like Quickbooks, Xero, etc) for your business' accounting needs then you can try sending the data exported via CSV file to that software to create an invoice or other usable record there.

Should you not be using software like this already, there are a number of services that have created integrations with Shopify that are available in our app store.

If you're not using anything like that at all, there are a range of apps that can help provide more granular data export for reports that you can browse here.

Profitario is a popular example of apps like this that would allow to you export data export options and it's even got a free plan for stores doing up to 100 orders/month.

As with all third-party apps in our store, you can reach out to the developers directly with any support queries you have by using the contact details listed there on the app store page.

If this is something you'd like to see as an in-built feature on Shopify itself in the future, I'd be only too happy to file a request for that for you with our developer team.

Just outline here what you would like included specifically, why this is important for your business, and a link to your store I can use that info to file the best request possible on your behalf.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Erdem-Salva
3 0 0
Dear Don,

I guess something misunderstood again. Shopify charges this commission. Why do I have to install an app on behalf of you? If you charge a commision, you should create an invoice. This is the rule all over the world. I already receive invoice for submission from Shopify, right? Because Shopify charges me to use the service. This is the same. You should provide us invoice. I don’t have to use that app, but you should create invoice. It doesn’t matter per transaction, you can provide monthle or weekly basis, as you wish. But you should.

Please inform us. We wait for your feedback.

Thanks

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1327 85 180

Hi again @Erdem-Salva!

I had understood that you would prefer that this functionality be a part of Shopify itself, and to that end can file a request for this functionality as outlined above.

This is how we let our developer team know what our merchants are looking to have included in the platform and we value feedback like this for that reason.

Check out the options listed above in more detail to see what might work for your business and if you'd like me to file that request for you, feel free to share the info I requested on what change you would like to see specifically, why this is important for your business and a link to your store.

This info is not mandatory for me to file this for you, but it does help our devs to know what sort of stores are looking for a given functionality.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

0 Likes