Is Aliexpress charging tax for US orders?

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 3

I just paid 6.625 % tax on Aliexpress for an order destined to New Jersey, United States.Most of my other order don't have this tax included . Is this new ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

I had a chat with Aliexpress. Here are the states customers are being charged tax if shipment is delivered to those states. Anyone know how and where to apply for exemption, please advise. I read about Nexus that you have to reach out to individual states for this.

Connecticut
District of Columbia
Idaho
Iowa
Nebraska
New Jersey
New York
South Carolina
Washington

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Add Texas to the list. 10% tax charged on product cost.

Seems quite arbitrary and also that taxes are varying. They are charging for Australia as well. Sucks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I challenged that with them and Aliexpress stated that the American government contracted Aliexpress to charge US taxes....I called the Federal Trade Commission, Aliexpress Lied. The FTC is asking for people to open a case against Aliexpress for this reason and if you can get a screen shot of where they are charging the tax....FTCHas to have the evidence to bring to the case. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Aliexpress is charging their customers for US taxes this IS illegal, contact the Federal Trade Comission....so far they are the Only site doing this and the FTC needs people to open cases against them....Aliexpress will tell you that they are commissioned by our states to collect the tax...it is not true. I called several places that would know in my state...the answer was that Aliexpress IS lying. What needs to happen is the FTC fine then...this little crooked thing they are doing is called “ theft by unlawful taking” Aliexpress has No commission to collect American taxes

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Please contact the Federal Trade Commission and open a case...Aliexpress is lying to you they DO NOT have the right to collect American taxes 

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Please contact the Federal Trade Commission 877-382-4357 and open a case...Aliexpress is lying to you they DO NOT have the right to collect American taxes they are illegal I have researched this and they are just wrong and the Only site from China that I know of that is doing this

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I tried to stuff as much information in as possible in my comments....if the US asked Aliexpress to charge taxes from US customers 1: it would be on the news and 2: you would be able to find it on the state site. I challenged Aliexpress for a copy of the order stating that they could charge taxes from us....they did not know where to obtain it And the Federal Trade Commission is asking people to report this to them so they can make a case on it. What Aliexpress told you is a lie. They can’t charge US taxes please contact the Federal Trade Commission so they can make them stop

0 Likes