Is it possible to sell non-taxable items with Shopify?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have some non-taxable items I'd like to sell. Is this possible with Shopify? I see a thread from 2008 which suggests that it is not, but I'm wondering if anything has changed. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
175 0 34

Heya Chris,

Yes, you can have non taxable products as you wish. To do this, follow the following steps: 

Step 1. In your admin panel, go to the 'Products' section
Step 2. If you are creating a New Product, when creating, scroll down the page and you will see a 'Charge taxes' option. Unselect it (as shown below)

If you have the product created already, you can edit the setting. Go to the product of your choice and click on 'Edit' in 'Inventory & variants' (as shown below)

Hope this helps. If you need any further help or got questions, just reply. Do tell if you were able to setup non taxable products :) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I have already have a bunch of products, do I have to do each one, is there a batch update option? Maybe under Collections? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Highlighted
3 0 0

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 0 1

Hi

Sellerpanda are working on an app that will allow you to batch update products, but I think it hasn't been released yet.

Bettina

Do you need help with custom app development for Shopify? We can help. Contact us at contact@yodatechnology.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I think you should contact with the shopify support to get the right answer

خبير فلسطين

Khaberfalastine
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I think you should contact with shopify support to know the exact answer for tax isses.

خبير فلسطين

Khaberfalastine
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
12 0 5

Hi Michael,

Might be a little late, but it is possible to bulk edit your products in your Shopify admin. After clicking on "Products" in your Shopify admin, you'll be able to select all your products and then click "Edit Products". You'll just want to click on "Add more fields" and add "Charge taxes". You'll then be able to check off which products you'd like to charge taxes for. 

We've found this bulk edit feature within the Shopify admin to be a very fast and efficient way to make changes like these. 

0 Likes