Is there a way of reporting income that splits it by product tag or category?

HomeLessMade
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello. 

We are a social enterprise working with artists who have experienced homelessness or a mental health condition. We split the profit on all our products 50/50 between our charity and the featured artist. 

Does anyone know if there is an easy way that I can get a report from Shopify that could split my income by artist, so I can easily tell how much income is from which set of products? For example by using categories or tags? I'm trying to save our finance manager a lot of work, any suggestions gratefully received!

Ellie

Replies 6 (6)

CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
538 43 87

Hi there - what version of Shopify are you using? The reporting capabilities differ by version. If I know that I can help guide you using Shopify.

If we can't find a way in Shopify, our free App called Report Toaster can help. We can report sales by product, product vendor, product type or product tags. If Shopify can't give what you need, feel free to check it out and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

HomeLessMade
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for replying! We are on the basic Shopify plan - is that what you mean by version? If not, I'm not sure how to find that out but if you let me know I can take a look. 

CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
538 43 87

Unfortunately the Basic version doesn't allow you to report that way. I see you just installed our app. Please let me know if you have any questions or need help creating the report you need.

Dеnis
Shopify Partner
36 0 2

Hi, @HomeLessMade 

Denis from the Advanced Reports here.

Our app has Sales by Product Tags and Sales by Category as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions: support@omegacommerce.com 

Just Play in Analytics with Advanced Reports
Other Great Apps: [ Shopping Feeds | Instant Search ]
Socials: [ Facebook | Twitter | Blog ]

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
305 11 20
Hi @HomeLessMade ,

I am John from Report Pundit, a reporting and analytics app with more than 500 five-star reviews.

Report Pundit has the option to split the Income for each artist. We can split the income by each Product title, Product Tags, Product type, Collections, etc.

Report Pundit has a filter function. You can also filter by Product title, Variant title, Vendor, etc. And, you can choose the date range for the last 30, 60 90 days  & a custom date range also available.

We can also create custom reports specific to your business. The report can be scheduled to your Email, Google sheets, Google drive, Ftp & Big query.

Report Pundit is a cost-effective app built by working with thousands of Shopify merchants. We have a 14-day free trial to test the reports.  You can reach us at support@reportpundit.com or contact our live chat support team.

Thanks,
John
Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards

BeProfit_App
Shopify Partner
75 1 4

Hi @HomeLessMade - you can use BeProfit - Profit Tracker to do exactly what you want!

The app gives you the power to:

• Create and export custom reports (This is most relevant to your question. You can even schedule your custom reports to be emailed to you automatically.)
  • Track your profit history over time
  • Get intuitive visuals and graphs
  • Freely edit your store's data
  • Understand complex business metrics
  • Connect metrics once with smart integrations
  • Spot what factors need improvement to increase profits
  • Make data-driven decisions to optimize your store

Try BeProfit and let us know if you find it helpful. Plus, if you have any suggestions on how we can improve the app, we're always happy to get feedback! Good luck