Is there a way to edit the tax field text?

Highlighted
4 0 0

I am a direct sales person. I pay retail taxes up front on my products.  I then get "reimbursed" for this tax from my customers no matter where they live.  In square you can edit the tax field to state Tax Reimbursement.  I understand with Shopify I need to use the Override for all states to be charged the tax. Using the Federal option is the easiest. However is there a way to go into the code to Edit it from Stating Federal Tax so that I can change it to my 7.25% Utah Tax Reimbursement which is legally what it is?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
110 9 14

Hi there,

Hyde here from Shopify. What an excellent question!

It sounds like what you're looking to do is change the language surrounding the tax charged rather than overriding or removing the tax.
In that case, you can use the theme language editor to rephrase the wording. There's a helpful guide on that here.

Basically, you need to click on Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Languages:

20-02-823dz-06smk

And when you get to the Language Editor:

20-02-c5sd2-gea5b

I hope this helps. Happy to answer any other questions you may have.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

This does fix the one issue! However will this then change it so the override tax for all states will also say the same text? Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
110 9 14

When you override taxes for certain products or locations, you're simply changing the dollar amount that gets charged, so that doesn't affect the title applied to the tax you're charging. In other words, when you edit the language of the tax field, that new edit will display regardless of whether an override is being applied. The edit will always be the same unless you change it again. 

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes