Issue with applying tax to certain dollar amounts

Highlighted
1 0 0

I don't know how it works for other states but in New York state we have to pay sales tax for other counties and such when someone purchases over $110 worth of items. I was able to do my personal county and the state tax. However, I'm trying to figure out how to set up the taxes to apply. I saw you can do specializations but it doesn't show me the option for this. Now, I have the basic plan so do I need to have the bigger plan for this? Or, is shopify incapable of applying the tax the way we need to do? And if so is there a way to go back and manually add it into the order before the order is fulfilled?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
289 0 218

Hey Amanda,

What I've seen and had people do in the past is make a special collection for Clothing and Footwear, and apply the tax override to that.

We actually go through it as the example in our Tax Overrides tutorial: https://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/taxes/tax-overrides

If that doesn't quite get you there, give us a call at 1-888-746-7439 when you have some time and one of us can walk you through it. :)

0 Likes