Matching Payout to Customers for Cash Receipts

2 0 0

The company I work for has recently switched to using Shopify for our webstore. Getting to the the payouts report is kind of a long journey (why isn't there a link from the dashboard?) and the report is missing a key piece of data needed to record cash receipts: the customer name.

To match each payment up with the correct sales order in our accounting software, it seems like we have to click on each payment listed on the payout and check who the customer is. If so, this is a ridiculous burden on our accounts receivable team when having a single additional column with this data would solve it.

Did I miss something? Is there a way to see the payment amounts and the customer name on the same payout report so we can match up cash receipts and sales order and then post them in our accounting program without the wasted effort of clicking on each individual transaction just to look up the customer name?

We are not looking for a third-party app or plug-in.

0 Likes
1 0 0

I can even fine the Payout report you mention. Any Advice on your "long journey" would be appreciated. 

I would love an app the just lump sums sales into a daily Sales Receipt. No reason to have individual sales recorded into two different systems. ShoGo does this but won't work with Shopify. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

To get to the screen that lists payout you have to:

1. Click Settings on the bottom left sidebar on the main screen

2. Click Payment Providers

3. Under Shopify payments, click the View Payouts button

This screen shows a list of the payouts that have happened, but does not have any customer information. If you need this information in a spreadsheet there are several more steps you need to do:

1. Select the payout you need in a spreadsheet

2. Click the Export button (You get the choice of what type CSV file you want)

3. Wait for the link to be emailed to you

4. Click the link to download the CSV file

And still there is not any customer information. For that you have to look at each individual order listed on the payout. If you have a high volume of orders, it can take a fair amount of time to go through all of them just to match them up.

This is at least 4 more steps than are necessary just to be able to match customer orders with payouts.

0 Likes
1 0 0

We are using Stripe for payments so there is no payout info.  Impossible to match the cash received in our bank to the orders.  Don't know dates and don't know fees,

In the UK we do use shopify and can get the payout list.

If you download the orders and the payouts you can lookup the payout date on the orders extract.  Vlookup the order number on the order detail to the order number on the payouts.  You can the consolidate the orders by payout date.

Amazed there is not the same function for Strip payments!

0 Likes