Need a 1099 for a now-closed store

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I closed a shopify store about 4 months ago. I realize now that I will need to download a 1099 from it. I did about 60-70k revenue. Any way I can get it back?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hello, @patrick0001.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out.

I understand you need to download the 1099-K form from a closed store. One option is to reactivate your shop so you can download this securely. After that, you can close your store and get back in touch with us for a refund. It’s important to note that Shopify doesn’t offer refunds as indicated in the Terms of Service, but if you close your store within 3 days we can issue a refund for this scenario. 

Alternatively, if the account is in good standing when you closed it and there isn’t an owed invoice, we may be able to give temporary access for you to download your tax documents. However, this is not guaranteed and in order for me to take a closer look at your account, could you clarify your store URL (.myshopify.com)?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I had a shopify store until 12/2019 when I filed bankruptcy and Shopify was one of my creditors. I can't access the store even with a temporary subscription and Shopify has no phone support. How do I request this information? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hey, @NFulton.

Thank you for joining the thread! That does sound like a complicated situation and I'm sorry to hear about the bankruptcy. I'd be happy to reach out to our Payments team and see if we can have the 1099-K form sent to you in some way. In order to do that, I've sent an authentication email to the registered email we have on file. Please check your inbox/spam folders and reply to it. Once I've authenticated your account, I'll be able to look into this for you.

As for our phone support, we've switched over to a callback system. That way, our merchants can spend less time on-hold and more on their store. You can request a callback right on our Support page and we also have a guide to help you with that here. Simply log into your account and you'll be prompted to search a topic on the following page. After completing a search, a button to get further support will appear right underneath the resources from our Help Center. By clicking on this button, you'll be presented with various contact options and requesting a callback will be one of them.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes