Need to know total of non-tax sales and why

Highlighted
1 0 1

I need a more detail report on non-tax sales such as classes, services, resale and tax exempt customers. In order to maintain a reliable inventory and breakout the product sales on the financial reports. Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 119

Hi Kat,

I already answered privately but I'll answer here as well for the benefits of the community.

Better Reports can show your sales and include or exclude taxes, shipping cost and discount amount. It also takes refunds/returns into consideration.

You can break down your sales by product type, vendor or any other field, and also segment based on customer profile.

I would suggest that you install the app and start your free trial. You won't be charged if you uninstall the app within 14 days.

There are quite a few reports out of the box, but I am more than happy to build some custom reports for you. Let me know the layout that you need (the columns that you want to display), and I will have them built for you.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
78 0 3

Hi Kat,

Not sure if you are still looking for a solution. But I will provide the steps to get this report.

In our reporting application Data Export, we break out each sale by line item. Each line item will have its own tax amount collected. Order lines for which taxes were not collected can be filtered.  

The report can also be modified to show taxes collected for various other conditions.

You can use this data for your financial reporting.

Thanks!

Data Export is rated by Shopify Sellers as the best and cost-effective reporting application on Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
76 0 5

Hello @Kat_Coyle,

I'm from Report Pundit, a custom reporting and analytics app.

Report Pundit can get detailed reports on each sale - the detail like taxable or non-taxable sales, the customer category, tags, and other store specific detail. 

Many merchants create granular inventory reports for accounting purpose.

We have created custom reports for many Shopify merchants. Please contact us at support@reportpundit.com or our live chat support.

Thanks,
John

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards
0 Likes