Needing 12 month total for transaction fees

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 7

Annoying and very easy to solve if they wanted to. At this point, I would even consider paying for a tier upgrade if it's a data or bandwidth issue. Shopify support, where are you? 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 6

Bizzare, right? lol

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 4

I also want to say that this is absurd that we can't generate a year end report. Please fix this so we can more easily access this data!

4 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

I thought having access to a "Year End Report" containing totals for sales, fees, shipping, etc., ALL the important information would be a "given"  I've spent all night looking for one, NEVER dreaming there isn't one!.  So, are you saying I have to go back thru EVERY order and figure out those numbers myself when it would be SO easy for you guys to furnish!

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING!  I guess none of the "big wigs" have ever needed this info themselves, or I GUARANTEE it would be readily available!

So, I guess I'll spend the next 6hours+ figuring out this info. :O(

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
623 30 99

@DTA_Stores , @oasisnz@David172@kasianimocks@Cheri_Morgan 

Hi, Everyone!

Just to clear a few things up here for everyone, I understand this is a frustrating topic.

The Financial Overview will date back to the last 3 months of fees. These fees include things like app charges, theme charges, subscriptions fees, etc. If you need a larger timeframe for these charges, say 12 months worth of information, you would need to download your invoices individually from the Settings > Billing > View all Billing History section of the admin. I understand this is a pain point! The reasons behind this would be a scalability issue. In order to keep our core admin features running at optimal speed and not weighed-down by loading times, it was not logically feasible to hold one year or more's worth of data on each of the 1 million + merchants using our service. Some merchants need this information, some do not. It is best to make this information still available, but allow merchants to download whichever information they need. I know this is not the ideal answer for each of you, but I hope providing some clarity on the "why" of this will help you understand the limits here.

If you wanted to Export a report of 12 months worth of credit card fees for Shopify Payments, You can go to Settings > Payment Providers > View Payouts > Transactions to export that report/

If you wanted to Export your last year's fees in shipping, taxes, returns, discounts, etc, you can go to the Reporting section of the admin by selecting Analytics > Reports > Financial Summary (in the Finances tab), then you can select the date range. I've made a quick video here on how to do this! 

Once you have all the relevant information and you want to combine it into one report, I would recommend using Google Sheets as it is a free resource. There is a guide here on how to merge spreadsheets. 

Thank you all for your patience here, I do hope this was helpful! As this topic has already been resolved, I will now close this thread. Do feel free to begin a new thread if you are seeing any issues with loading or finding your reports.

Happy Selling!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes