Needing 12 month total for transaction fees

Solved
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi,

I need to print a 12 month total for all the transaction fees I've paid this financial year (for tax purposes).

I can easily find a 12 month total for sales/ returns/ shipping/ taxes, etc, but no mention of what I've had to pay in transaction fees.

Where is this hidden? I can't see it under analytics, or under payouts.

The billing history invoices for the monthly store subscription are also in the wrong currency. How can this be changed too?

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
483 26 64

Hey, @offroad2430!

Ava here from Shopify :)

Can I ask if you are using Shopify Payments as a gateway? If you are, then you would see no transaction fees appearing on your invoices, as Shopify Payments does not charge transaction fees. If you are using a third-party gateway, then they should show up as normal on your invoices, along with other app charges, etc. Can you confirm for me which gateway you are using? I'm happy to keep chatting here until we resolve this for you.

Speak soon!

Ava

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hey Ava, I've added a couple of screen shots.

I receive payouts to my bank account from Shopify, so I'm guessing the Shopify Payments gateway is in operation.

I only use Shopify Payment or Paypal as far as I can tell. I've never used any third party ones.

When ever a non Paypal transaction occurs, I loose a small amount (Payout fee??) shown in the screen shot.

Thanks, LukeFees.pngPayments.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
483 26 64

Thanks so much for the screenshots!

These fees from your Shopify Payments payouts would be credit card fees. 

24-07-5ce05-ekgoz

If you would like to see a breakdown of these fees, you can go to Settings > Billing, then scroll to the bottom of the page where it says "Financial Overview". Here, you will see a full overview of all your payouts and billing. You can click on 'view financial overview' to see a breakdown. If you adjust the dates here, you can go back 12 months to see a total of the fees you would have paid

24-32-tlib4-01qke

For your PayPal fees, we would not store that information within the Shopify admin I'm afraid. Those fees are paid to PayPal are determined by PayPal. I'd recommend contacting PayPal's support team, or have a look inside your PayPal business account/dashboard for that information.

Do let me know if this is what you were looking for!

Ava

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you Ava, That was exactly what I needed.

Another question regarding the subscription fees, I uncovered a list of fees which I don't understand (pic attached).

It shows $9US monthly fees from when I started on the Lite plan, followed buy $310 for a yearly subscription when I changed to the Basic plan.

But I don't understand all of the $26US monthly fees following the annual fee, plus the total for $571US.

My understanding for that date period should be 3x $9 + 1x $310 for a total of $337US.

Thankmonthly fee.png

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
483 26 64

Glad to hear that helped!

For the rest of the statement, I'll break this down for you now. The annual Basic plan (yearly subscription) usually costs $312 USD. It looks like you switched to the annual plan a few days after you're last invoice of $9 was paid. The billing here is prorated, which means it will take into account what you have already paid for this month when you switch plans. This will mean you will pay slightly less for your next invoice after you switch plans once a new billing cycle has begun. In this case, our systems charged $310.27 instead of the full $312, as you have already paid for $1.73 of the 30-day billing cycle.

The following invoices for $26 USD are what the annual plan works out at, monthly. The Basic plan is normally $29 USD every 30 days, but when you pay for an annual subscription, you receive a 10% discount, so you this breaks down to $26 every 30 days instead of $29. Once you switch to annual billing, you would pay a once off fee, one per year. These invoices for $26 would mainly be for reporting/accounting purposes though, as you would not actually be charged a fee here. The invoices would be sent but instantly credited, but if you go to Settings > Billing, you will see there is actually $0.00 being charged. This is because there must be a record of your monthly payments, so although the $26 is there as subscription credit, it will still show up in your statement of charges. The statement of charges is a statement of all the charges generated by the account - it would not be a statement of payments so any credits, reversals or refunds would not be taken into account on that view.

Let me know if that makes sense, happy to keep chatting here!

Ava

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

That makes sense now. Thanks again

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
483 26 64

No problem at all, happy to help! 

Ava

0 Likes