No invoice for Payment charges from Stripe

Locomocean
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi 

We need an INVOICE ( Not a report ) for the fees you and STRIPE charge on payments. If i use stripe independently as we do , they provide a charges invoice. We need an invoice for all the money you take via STRIPE. Paypal provide invoice for charges why don't you? The UK tax office will not accept a spreadsheet with the charges as that is not a deductable invoice. Another persons question was not answered even though they were very clear with their posting the below in italics.

Please can we have an acceptable answer and solution for those of us that require an invoice for the money you have taken. 

This not solved.  HMRC will not accept a spreadsheet just showing the fees taken from each transaction, which is the spreadsheet you get when you download from the Payment screen.

Shopify supply a service by charging a fee to use Shopify Payments, it is for example 2.2% + 0.20p per order.

HMRC requires the following on an invoice for supplying a service.

Your invoice must include:

• a unique identification number
  • your company name, address and contact information
  • the company name and address of the customer you’re invoicing
  • a clear description of what you’re charging for
  • the date the goods or service were provided (supply date)
  • the date of the invoice
  • the amount(s) being charged
  • VAT amount if applicable
  • the total amount owed

Shopify use Stripe to process Shopify Payments and we also use Stripe for other websites and we receive a monthly invoice from Stripe which show these charges.

Shopify are in the wrong in not producing an invoice for a service they provide and HMRC will catch up with them.

Sufio
Shopify Partner
114 1 43

Hi @Locomocean!

With the Sufio app, you can send invoices that help you stand out and build a powerful brand. Sufio also has a Stripe integration

The invoice created by Sufio can contain all the information above:

• a unique identification number
  • your company name, address and contact information
  • the company name and address of the customer you’re invoicing
  • a clear description of what you’re charging for
  • the date the goods or service were provided (supply date)
  • the date of the invoice
  • the amount(s) being charged
  • VAT amount if applicable
  • the total amount owed

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at support@sufio.com, we will be happy to help!

Good luck,

Lenka from Sufio Team 

0 Likes
Matthi
1 0 2

I have the exact same problem here in Germany. I need an official invoice or document showing what Stripe has charged me, otherwise the numbers don't add up for my tax accountant. 

I simply opted for Shopify Payments which seems to use a Stripe integration but unlike PayPal or other payment providers you are provided with absolutely nothing. You don't even get a proper monthly statement which shows all the transactions and fees. All I have is a lousy Excel Sheet. How are you supposed to work this?

Please Shopify answer this question and don't just ignore it. This vital information for some of us.

Walshsam
Tourist
3 0 1

I totally agree. I'm expecting IRS behind my back, and it will not be a fun story to tell my grandchildren. Can someone please fix this issue accordingly as I am trying to file my tax report and finalize it. I see that the post is quite old but that issue still persists. Honestly I don't want to be the bad guy and tell you this but with this amount of complaints you will end up on sites like brodmin.com where they track late invoices and payments, and it's not a nice list to include yourself in.

Louiskr42
2 0 1

Yes I have the same problem here in Germany as well. How did you solve it?

Dsil17
1 0 0

Excellent post, we are having the exact same issue here, it resulted in my business bank account being closed over it!

Absolutely shocking as the support team keep trying to make me export the scv. Has anyone actually found a solution to this yet?

0 Likes
Louiskr42
2 0 1

I was finally able to solve it by going to Settings > Payments > View Payouts and then in the top right corner click on Actions and choose Documents. That showed me an overview over the monthly invoices. They show the payout as well as the Shopify Payments Fees.

0 Likes