Not charging taxes to everyone

CowboyChannel
4 0 0

How do you change the sales tax for each state?  Did you use the same percentage as your current state?

0 Likes
lightning_art
Tourist
4 0 3
You don't. If you don't have a physical address in a different state, you
don't charge sales tax which also means you don't have to file those sales
in your sales tax return
0 Likes
davisvarghese
2 0 0

So my issue is I have printful integrated with shopify. Shopify only charges tax to customers in my state (Oklahoma) but not outside my state. But printful charges me tax on each order. So for orders outside my state where the clients are not paying tax, it is going out of my profit. am i just supposed to eat the taxes for all my out of state orders? thats a big chunk of my margins.

0 Likes
tax_pro
Excursionist
31 0 23
Hi davisvarghese
Please call me to discuss further, 713-858-0085. I can’t provide an answer without asking more questions so the most efficient way to do this is by phone. Thank you
0 Likes
davisvarghese
2 0 0

thankyou for your willingness to help. is there a good day/time you'd prefer? id hate to bother you on a weekend.

0 Likes
tax_pro
Excursionist
31 0 23
it's ok, go ahead and call
0 Likes
CowboyChannel
4 0 0

Tax Pro.....can you please address my question list above from The Cowboy Channel.  Our Shopify system charges sales tax for orders placed in Texas.  For those people who place orders outside of the state, our system doesn't charge sales tax.

0 Likes
CowboyChannel
4 0 0

Disregard this message.  I spoke with you over the phone.  Thank you!

0 Likes
selina10261
Tourist
33 0 2

Did you solve it? I have the same problem.

0 Likes
CowboyChannel
4 0 0

No, unfortunately I haven't resolved this issue yet.

0 Likes