One payout is missing

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

One payout scheduled on 09/23 has never arrived at my PayPal account.  Per Shopify support, the payout sent out "successfully". Per Paypal. they never saw this dollar amount originated from Shopify.  WHAT DO I DO?

NOTE: IT IS NOTHING TO DO WITH PAYPAL EXPRESS.  PLEASE HELP.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
796 41 122

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Casey_Morris!

Ava here from Shopify.

All payouts from Shopify Payments are deposited directly into your bank account. This is the bank account listed under Settings > Payment Providers > Manage (under Shopify Payments) > Payout details.Orders that were paid for via PayPal would go directly into your PayPal account, they would not be listed as a pending payout in your Shopify admin. Could you have a look in the bank account linked to your Shopify Payments account for any incoming funds for Sept 23rd? 

Let me know if you can see the funds there!

Ava

Social Care

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, the same thing happened to me, however I checked my bank account and the balance never arrived, so I am short 70.44. Can you please help me to get these funds back. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
796 41 122

Hi there, @B888!

When a payout is marked as 'paid' in the Shopify admin, it means the payout has left out accounts and has been sent to your bank account. Sometimes, it can take your bank a further 24-48 hours to receive and process that payout. So while the may be marked as paid in the admin, it may take an extra day or two of those funds to appear on your bank statement. What day were you due to receive the payout? Can you still not see the funds? Also, are you using any other methods of accepting payment apart from Shopify Payments?

Let me know, I'm sure we can figure this out for you!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi there,

As mentioned, this disappeared when I connected my Paypal account in order
to receive the funds - following the button that popped up in shopify,
asking me to connect paypal, in order to receive my funds. I have checked
with paypal, it never reached paypal.

It was in my shopify account, now it is gone. I did not receive it into my
bank account from shopify or from paypal.

The sale was made on January 5th 2020. Paypal was connected on January 10.
As mentioned, the balance showed in shopify until I connected paypal.
Paypal have confirmed they never received the funds and said to talk to
shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
796 41 122

Hi again, @B888!

Thanks for clarifying with more info.

It sounds like the funds may have gone to a placeholder PayPal account. When you first start a Shopify store, we create a placeholder PayPal account for you under the email account you used to sign up.  This is to ensure you can start accepting orders straight away, even if you have not completed the set-up of your PayPal account. You would just need to complete the setup of that placeholder account to access the funds.

When you clicked to complete set-up, did you set up the PayPal business account using a different email address than the one you used to create (or log into) your Shopify account? Also, could you check the email account listed as the account owners and see if there are any emails from PayPal asking you to complete the account set up?

If you have completed your PayPal account set-up using the same email account you use to log into your Shopify store, and still cannot see those funds, please reply here and let me know so I can dig into this further! I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you.

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

2 of my payouts aren't coming through to my bank account or paypal, but I used a different email for the paypal than the email registered. How do I access the funds if that is the case?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
796 41 122

Hi, @Jon_Li!

It sounds like you have the same scenario as above; your PayPal account was started using a different email than the one you are currently using. If the PayPal account was changed after the sales were made, the funds may be in the placeholder account. You would just need to complete the set up of that account to access the finds! Could you check the email account listed as the account owners and see if there are any emails from PayPal asking you to complete the account set up? Also, were these sales made via PayPal or Shopify Payments?

Chat soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
Hello. I have the same problem. I recieved an order and it showed me a button to click and collect my money by setting up a paypal express and I did but no money have been transferred or there’s no sign of the order on my payouts. What do I do ?
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have the same problem. Tried all the suggested methods to receive payment. Still haven't received it.  

0 Likes