Our municipality just updated its sales tax rate - Shopify's auto tax hasn't updated

Tourist
7 0 4

I have Shopify calculate our sales tax automatically. Our municipality update its sales tax rate beginning February 1st, 2019, but Shopify hasn't reflected the change. I see that there is an override option, but is there some way to update the auto-tax? This will be an issue for everyone using Shopify in my city.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 4

If the Shopify team can update the municipal sales tax for the City of Scottsdale, that would solve this issue. As of 2/1/19 the rate has increased from 1.65% to 1.75%. See attached or navigate to https://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/taxes

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
519 26 57

Hi, @jhorejs1 !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope you are well.

I just noticed your post here and would love to help out. I am not sure if you had been chatting to our team directly about this, but I do see what you are referring to in this case.. While we do check and update the automatic tax rates regularly in cases there may be discrepancies during an overlap period. In the event of this/ while this is being updated, it would be best to use a tax override (as you mention) to ensure that you are applying the correct tax amount. There is some more detailed info on this here

However I would like to thank you for reaching out here - and for providing the documentation on this that you do have. What I will do from here is pass this straight through to our higher support team for full review.

If you do have any questions or notice any further changes do feel free to reach out to our support team directly. Our channels are manned 24/7 via : Phone, Chat, Email or Social Media.

Thanks so much,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes