Payments through PayPal--Sales tax accounting

1 0 0

Some of our payments are handled by PayPal. I can see the total amount of those payments in a Finances Summary Report. However, I can't figure out how to get details of those transactions, including sales tax details. If I do a detail report of all Spotify payments, the transactions are listed and the sales tax for those transactions is detailed, but the report doesn't show them as any different than transactions paid through Shopify. Conversely, if I do a report of PayPal payments, the transactions are among the rest of my PayPal transactions with sales tax detailed, but there is nothing to indicate that they are Shopify transactions. 

I need a way to separate out the PayPal transactions so I don't double report the sales tax.

0 Likes
Tourist
78 0 2

Hi Doug,

Data Export can help with the export of sales and taxes by each Payment Method (PayPal, Stripe, Shopify Payments or others).

You can also get the PayPal transaction ID for each order which will allow you to match the Shopify reports with PayPal reports.

We have a 15-day trial. Our support team will create the report. There is no cost for report creation or customization.

You can contact me at john@dayspringlabs.com if you have any questions.

Thanks!!

Data Export is rated by Shopify Sellers as the best and cost-effective reporting application on Shopify.
0 Likes
1 0 0

Have you figured out how to do this without paying yet another subscription fee to do something as simple as this? I'm having the same problem. How do you show Shopify Sales charges, Shipping charges, and Tax charges, and seperate the Shopify Payments from PayPal Payments? Not only the double tax issue, but the double Sales Reveue issue!

0 Likes