Plans to Liquidate Business

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi friends,

I have plans to close my current business and open a new one. I'm currently running a Fashion and clothing business. My friend invited me to join him in the Transportation business which is in its initial stage of set up. I would like to consult Michaels Global Trading, one of the merchandise liquidators in Toronto. Will they help me in closing my current business? I don't have any idea on the liquidation process. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on closing a business in a better and beneficial way!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 125

Hi, @Paula010!

This is May from Shopify. Welcome to our Shopify Community.

I am not very familiar with liquidation or merchandise liquidator companies, however, I do have a suggestion if you're planning on closing your store. Have you consider selling your business? We have a program called Exchange, which is a marketplace where Shopify merchants can list their stores and sell them to prospective entrepreneurs. Feel free to learn more about this program here. I also recommend checking out Exchange's documents to find out more about the process, as well as this blog that tackles the topic around selling a business. Hopefully these resources can help you decide if selling your business on Exchange is a good fit for you.

If this peaks your interest, you can sell your store from your admin by going into you 'Settings > Account', under 'Store status' click on 'Sell or close store', or follow the guide on the Exchange help page

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

May.

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes