Please Help with Checkout Registration

Highlighted
2 0 0

I just opened a shopify store and i am located in Warsaw,  am here with a Student Visa. After i costumized my store and added the products i wanted to accept payments from credit/debit card and i decided to register in 2Checkout. In the registration form they are asking me for Tax Identification Number but i don't know if i have one or should create one and where.
Please be kind to tell me the steps i should follow.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
568 41 97

Hello, Mieto! 

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! We have an awesome doc that you can check out that goes in-depth about tax identification numbers that I would recommend reading through here! If you're uncertain if you need a tax identification number - then I would recommend reaching out to a local financial professional for advice on if it's necessary and how to acquire one in your area! 

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify support!

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Mieto, 

What you are experienceing is a common barrier to entry for many e-commerce providers. If you are accepting payments or conducting business online then there are tax compliance matters you should be aware of. The first one you have encountered is the Tax Identification Number. This number can be an individual social security number, given to citizens or permanent residence. The alternative you will have is to open up a business an obtain an EIN number by filing form SS-4. This should allow you to go around that obsticle. If you need help or additional information please feel free to schedule a consultation with us. 

https://www.amzaccountant.com/contact-us/

Regards,

Gabriel 

0 Likes