QuickBooks & Shopify

only if you don't care about landed cost by sku, by all means force balance with A2X

0 Likes

@eCommAccountant   What would be your best recommendation?

0 Likes

There isn't any app that can handle landed cost by sku, I've created my own system to do this and balance each order I import for my small eCommerce bookkeeping clients into QBO. If you want to get away from QBO with inventory clients, then I'd suggest AccountingSuite with their built in eCommerce features. They do require a bridge and they suggest ShipStation which some of my larger eCommerce clients already use, so it's a win-win for them.

Here's AccountingSuite's pricing, and they do have 50% off pricing frequently, and keep in mind these prices are for life not like QBO. And when you partner with them like I have, I get an additional 30% off for life that I pass on to my smaller eCommerce clients. So this $129 a month could drop down to under $20 a month working with a partnered Accountant.

And I must add; I just received an email from my AccountingSuite rep yesterday offering me an additional 31% off for life, any new client I on-boarded.

11.2.19.JPG

0 Likes
pondconsulting
3 0 0

Hi

We are QuickBooks integrators currently working on our own QuickBooks Shopify integration bridge. We also take on adhoc projects and we would very much like the opportunity to work on your requirements as a quick adhoc project. We can agree on a fixed price for this solution or a monthly fee if you want us to host it. Please contact me and let's discuss your requirements further.

Best regards

Terence Joubert

Pond Consulting

info@pondconsulting.biz

https://www.pondconsulting.biz

0 Likes
aremae33
3 0 0

I'm using the plugin of Shopify for my QuickBooks and accounting management. I'm running a store of fish pond on my shopify which is running in a very good position.

0 Likes
PhotosByBennett
1 0 0

I am setting up a first-time Shopify store and was told by my accountant to use QuickBooks Pro DESKTOP. But is the Desktop version supported by Shopify and does anyone work with the Desktop version? The few references to QuickBooks that I see on the Shopify help site refer to the Quickbooks Online version only. Thank you.

0 Likes
pondconsulting
3 0 0

Hi

Your accountant is right; QuickBooks Desktop is the best because QuickBooks Online does not support all the features that you need. To integrate with QB Desktop, you need a developer who is familiar with both QuickBooks Desktop and Shopify APIs to build a custom solution for you. This is what I do and if you are interested, please let me know a good time that we can meet to discuss your requirements.

Best Regards

Terence Joubert
Principal Consultant
Pond Consulting
info@pondconsulting.biz
https://www.pondconsulting.biz

0 Likes

It really depends on your volumes. I wouldn't go the "QBDesktop" route. You work with an online app and you want convenience. There are workarounds with QBD, but you still need to figure it out before you'd implement everything the way you want. 

Many accountants recommend QBD because it is more "stable", has more features, etc. Also, some accountants recommend it because they simply used it for years and truly believe that this is the best, if not the only solution. However, there are tons of Shopify stores nowadays that use QBO or Xero. My personal preference is with Xero, but QBO is also a valid option. 

Having said that, once again, before you implement anything, you need to know what exactly you are looking for. Shopify tracks inventory. Your accountant might not even know about that. If you'd set up Shopify correctly, you won't need to track inventory in QBO (or Xero - whichever one you'd use). I am almost certain that the reason your accountant recommends QBD is that you'd have inventory and QBD handles inventory better than QBO. However, once again, if you use Shopify properly, you won't need to track inventory in the bookkeeping program. 

Anyway... my suggestion - talk to another accountant to get a second opinion.:) The one you currently use is clearly either a big fan of QBD or doesn't know all the features available in QBO, Xero, or Shopify.

---
Accounting professional with experience in e-commerce and other industries. Specializing in Xero & QBO setups, year-end/period-end catching up, and monthly support
www.canadiancloudaccounting.ca
0 Likes
Parextech
Shopify Partner
40 1 3

I represent Parex. We have apps for all 3 platforms. QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online and Xero. I would agree that QB desktop has more features but probably more complex to use. It depends on what your need is. For USA, go with QuickBooks. For any other country, go with Xero.

@MashaZ is very right. There are many old school accountants not familiar with the latest options and trends. 

We are very neutral because we have apps for all 3 platforms on Shopify app marketplace.

Happy to answer any specific questions.

0 Likes