Quickbooks Accounting - Webgility Unify integration

John_Vecchio
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Hey all,

I was looking to see if anyone has setup this integration in the past? Some of the settings do not make sense or are kind of contradictory in a way. If Shopify it is as easy as a click to do a partial refund, or a full refund for the user. But when it goes down into Quickbooks, it always just adjusts the sales receipt instead of creating a credit memo. I found the setting to create a credit memo if an order is cancelled, but that forces at least one item to be restocked. This works when you want to restock the item, but if I have a customer I want to jut refund shipping for, I want a credit memo for the shipping, and not restock anything.

Thanks

0 Likes
Colin1
4 0 0

Hey there!

I've already answered this question by email to you, but wanted to provide a response that other future users may find useful. Unify's solution is aimed towards managing both revenue and inventory together. As such, automatic return detection happens for items that are refunded and returned. Those can be easily processed through Unify to the accounting system when they are detected from Shopify. As shipping is an other charge that is part of the order, but is not an item that physically may or may not get returned, it is processed separately when it happens on it's own.

Thanks for bringing up this scenario, as it is a unique but important case.

Colin Cates
Customer Success - Onboarding Manager - Webgility

0 Likes
Colin1
4 0 0

Hey there!

I've already answered your question via email, but I wanted to give a response to this so other future users could benefit from it as well. Because Unify is intended to be used as an accounting and inventory tracking tool, returns and refunds that are related to items of an order are automatically downloaded during normal order downloads and can be easily processed to the accounting system as separate credit memo or refund check transactions. Shipping charges are separate other charges that do not directly relate to inventory associated on an order so they are also handled separately.

Thanks for posting this question, as it is unique but also an important case to consider.

Colin Cates
Customer Success - Onboarding Manager - Webgility

0 Likes