Reconciliation of Paypal payments

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I have a question regarding paypal reconciliation.

So we are using Xero as the accounting software and we have shopify integrated/ all the transactions are pulled through nicely except the part refunds, but that's not my issue.

As a method of payment PayPal is one of them, and we have PayPal set up in Xero as a bank which helps also by pulling through all the transactions.

However due to the high volume of daily transactions in Shopify we are spending lots of time reconcile the paypal payments, as these need to be done onn a line by line basis, which is laborious and feels ineficient having someone sitting there for hours just pressing 'ok' in Xero to reconcile hundredfs of payments in Paypal.

Is there a way around this? some app or some quick and easy way to reconcile the paypal payments faster?

I know we could switch the integration off and then just post a monthly invoice for the sales, and use cash coding to reconcile the bank and PayPal, but we would like to keep the integration on.

Would really appreciate your views on this.

thanks,

Anna

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hey Anna,

Similar issue to you. What did you end up doing to reconcile your PayPal to Xero payments swiftly and less labourously.

cheers

Dermott @BeerCoAU

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3328 248 582

Hi Anna and Dermott, 

I spotted Dermott asking this in a more recent ecommerce university post and guided him to the Xero Community as the best place to seek further assistance with it. It seems like someone asked there before and it is something more on their end than Shopify's. You can see a link to this here

Cheers, 

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes