Regional Support: Taxes (India)

TCCVNS
1 0 0

Hello! 

If i tick on charge tax for this product.

Now does this mean that customer has to pay extra amount with that of product price at checkout or it will be included in the product price.

For example : Let's say i have a product whose price is 6999rs. And my tax slab is 5%. Now if i tick charge tax for this product.

Say a customer is on the checkout page, so will he have to pay 6999rs only or with 5 % extra i .e 7384rs?

Also is it necessary to charge tax ?

And another thing is my product comes in 5% tax slab. So how do change to this setting in my shopify account bcoz in tax settings it's just showings 18% or 9%.

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
860 76 217

Hi @TCCVNS,

If you head to Settings > Taxes, you will see a box with the caption "All prices include tax":

21-03-vsqkr-7d7n3

If you check this box, tax will be included in the prices of the products you have listed, whereas if it is not checked then the tax will be added on top of the product prices at checkout.

In your example, if taxes are included in the price then 6999RS product will have a pre-tax price of 6665.71RS if the tax rate is 5%. This can be calculated by dividing the tax-inclusive price by 1.05. If you do not have taxes included in the price, then a 6999RS product that comes with a 5% tax charge will lead to a total cost of 7348.95RS (6999 x 1.05 = 7348.95).

If you need to charge a different tax rate than what is listed in your tax settings, then you can do this via tax overrides. Whether or not you are required to charge taxes depends on where you are based and what your local tax laws are. I would recommend contacting a tax professional if you are unsure of your obligations.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

NeilBDE
Excursionist
13 0 4

Dear Victor,

Hope you are doing well.

I just wanted to ask you about something. Is there is CA here from India?

I have a unique question where I need a suggestion.

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
860 76 217

Hi @NeilBDE,

We do not have dedicated support advisors based in India, no, but please feel free to ask your question and I'll see what I can do to help. If it's not something I'm able to assist directly with I can always reach out to our internal taxes team and run it past them.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
bafer43
2 0 1

One component I observed which may also or won't rely on your target market is that your copy should use a few interest in phrases  as you cansee of grammatical utilization and spelling in some locations.