Regional Support: Taxes (India)

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
948 83 224

Hi @papreekastore,

I have a basic understanding of Indian taxes and try to offer support in this thread when I can, although I certainly am no expert. Am I right in thinking that you need to set up taxes based specifically on the type of product sold, rather than then vendor? 

You should have the option to create tax overrides in Shopify, which can be used to designate tax rates to specific collections of products. Have you tried this, and if so, are you seeing the regional rates apply instead of these override rates?

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
papreekastore
3 0 0
Perfect yes - we need to charge tax based on the product we sell. Every product has a GST code which has a different tax rate. Most Shopify brands have one type of product they sell, unlike us who needs to sell multiple types of products since we source from different brands.

I have tax overrides set up for India but they do not work. It is applying the region rate, which is why I am asking to completely remove the region rates..
0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
948 83 224

Hi @papreekastore,

Okay, thank you. As far as I am aware, it is not possible to disable automated taxes based on region as this is generally how correct tax rates are calculated, although with tax overrides and other tax setting options there may be some workarounds possible.

I would recommend contacting our support team directly as they will be able to authenticate you on your store, take a direct look at your tax settings, and see if they can form a solution for you. We also have a dedicated taxes team they can lean on if need be and they'll be able to go to them with more information once you've been authenticated on the account.

Please let me know if you're having any issues contacting our team.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hey, @papreekastore 

If you still looking for a solution, then our Advanced Reports app able to offer a custom solution for you.

It is possible to create a custom column to calculate columns in the way you need with any formula based on the state, tax rate, county  or anything else.

Please feel free to contact me support@omegacommerce.com , I`ll be glad to adjust our app tailored to your requirements.

Just Play in Analytics with Advanced Reports
Other Great Apps: [ Shopping Feeds | Instant Search ]