Removing orders

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi,

Our company is starting on brand new accounting software and don't want old orders to be in Shopify anymore, any possibilities of deleting them, or do I have to create new Shopify account?

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 4 3

Hello,

you can delete some types of orders .These types are - 

Any order that does not meet one of the above criteria cannot be deleted.

If your order does meet the above criteria and can be deleted, it must first be archived or canceled.

Some other examples of where an order cannot be deleted would be in orders where payment has been processed through Shopify POS or a payment provider in the online checkout. These types of orders can be archived, but not deleted.

Also, just for some extra context, for apps like Edit Order which creates a new modified order to make those edits, you would not be able to delete the original order. However, you would be able to delete the edited order that would be created by the app.

WARNING: ACCORDING TO RULES YOU CAN NOT DELETE PAID ORDERS DATA FOR AUDIT PURPOSE (please i got this news before i don't know now what is the rule about deleting orders)

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
435 40 121

Hi @zaenkhilji,

Thank you for reaching out. The information @msk has posted is correct, as per our page on deleting orders. I would recommend checking your new accounting software to see if you can filter our these older orders, otherwise yes, you would need to start a new Shopify store if you want these orders to not appear.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like