Request a refund on monthly basic plans

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, 

I've  just realised I only have to pay for 9 USD per  month under the "Pause and Build" plan,  while I'm stilling building my Shopify website. I didn't know that. I've been paying $58 for many months. 

Could I request a refund on this case ? I have been paying a lot of extra money but I haven't even launched my Shopify store yet. I'm desperate for help.

Really thank you !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1220 120 308

Hey there, @janicewanyi 

Bo here from Shopify Suppor! 

Thank you for getting in touch regarding this, it is a very valid question. As per section 15.9 of our Terms of Service, it will not be possible to get a refund for the months that you spent on the plan for $58. This would be similar to a TV package service or a phone billing service therein we were providing you with the service that was requested regardless of what use was made of that service. I understand that this is not the answer you were hoping to hear today. If you have moved on to this pause and build plan shortly after paying your monthly invoice, the difference between the $58 and the $9 will be added to your account as subscription credit to help towards upcoming months. 

Was there any reason in particular that it is taking you this much time to get your store up and running and launched? I would love to provide support where possible to help you get the store launched as quickly as possible. I'd recommend taking a look at our YouTube channel as it is jam-packed with how-to guides that'll help you learn the ins and outs of the Shopify admin as quickly as possible. We also have the help center which is full of written guides on all things Shopify. I would also recommend checking out the Essential Shopify Launch Checklist prior to launching your store. 

I hope this response finds you well,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Bo, 

Thanks for the reply ! 

Since I have a full-time job on hands, I seldom have time to maintain and build the website in months. I was thinking closing it but since I have imported some products to the backend, and have edited some of the product's content. I wouldn't want to put my effort in vain. So I thought the only option is continuing paying for $58 per month.  Until not long time ago, I told a friend that I have a financial difficulties on paying 58USD just to edit my products. And she told me that I can actually paying 9 USD a month with the option "pause and edit" if I'm  just editing the contents. I just found out an option of "pause and edit". I was so shocked I've been paying extra money like a lot extra, while I haven't used any services of the basic plan it mentioned to provide. 

The option of "pause and edit" at all. It is not even being indicated on one of the Shopify pricing plans when I first purchased the Shopify monthly plan. The plan also haven't been mentioned in the emails or told by any other parties. I can only see it when I go to setting myself.  Shopify never show to me this option in the first place, which Shopify hasn't done well at this point. With this circumstance, can you try your best to negotiate a better solution for me. Or I don't really have much budget to continue on my Shopify store :(. I had paid 754 USD in total, which is massive.

Really many thanks !

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1220 120 308

Hey again, @janicewanyi 

This is not something that we are able to refund as while the service was not utilized to its fullest, it was provided. I am sorry to hear that it is taking you so long and has cost you so much money in the meantime. You can read up on pausing or closing your store here. I understand where you are coming from when you say that the option to pause your store is not listed on our plans page. This is because that page is dedicated to the active plans. I will be sure to pass this feedback along to our developers. 

As you are just getting started I'd recommend taking a look at our Shopify webinars. These short tutorials take you through all the basics of creating a store such as adding products, variants, collections, theme changes, and pointing a domain to your store. You should be able to sign up here. We also have a fantastic YouTube channel that is jam-packed with how-to guides.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes