Sales Tax Calculations

Highlighted
Excursionist
41 1 2

Just to give everyone an update, YES this is still an issue that is being ignored by Shopify. Ive contacted them twice today via 2 separate  agents, in which both seemed to sit in idle, fiddle, hesitate, and have absolutely no answer. While they can replicate the issue on their end.....the only response from both after 20min conversations were:

"we have passed this off to our technical team, we will contact you if/when we find a resolution"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I also contacted them for help. I live in NYC but sell all over USA. They told me I should fill the zip code where I do my sales. Unfortunately selling online you don't know where your next sell will come from, and it is impossible to fill all the zip codes of USA in the back end. I received a message by one rep saying that Shopify is only a sales platform and Taxes is not their responsibility. Each of us obligation to collect and fill our own taxes. I understand is not an easy fix, but they have the technology and finances to HELP. There is a guy that mentioned QUADERNO. Is that an application you can install in Shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 13

Hi oscargama, 

You can integrate Quaderno with Shopify. Unfortunately, we can only read the data Shopify provide, we cannot calculate the sale tax in this particular case. What we can do is notify you when you have economic nexus in any state so you would know that you have to collect tax. 

If you have any doubt, you can write to support@quaderno.io

Disclaimer: I clearly work at Quaderno ;-)

0 Likes