Sales Tax Reports

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I am new to Shopify, moved my store from another platform.  I have to collect sales taxes in multiple states including New York that requires reports down to the local taxing level.  Shopify seems to charge the sales tax but I do not see the reporting necessary for the returns.

I have used Avalera on my previous sites and am wondering if I need that level of detail if I will need to add that service to Shopify as well, or am I overlooking something with Shopify services.  

Appreciate any responses.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 14

Hi adriennew, 

To get your tax reports accurate and in seconds, you could use a tool such as Quaderno. Quaderno provides you with reports and summaries containing all the information you need for filing, with just a click. Furthermore, it will let you know when any tax changes, creates reports, and sends tax compliant invoices. Quaderno will also notify you when you reach a sales tax registration threshold so you know you are expected to register there.

Full disclaimer, I work at Quaderno. If you have any questions, you can reach us at support@quaderno.io

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Avalara is only available on Shopify's Plus level and it's very expensive. Shopify does offers sales tax reports under taxes tab.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also confused - I see there are sales tax reports, but how can I filter the results to see totals for geographic areas that I am collecting taxes?

0 Likes