Sales Tax not being collected. Help

ExtraFineTipPen
Visitor
2 0 0

Can someone help me include sales tax in the cost of my items?

ExtraFineTipPen_0-1596135219014.png

My tax settings look like this:

ExtraFineTipPen_1-1596135259169.png

And for US it looks like this:

ExtraFineTipPen_2-1596135317564.png

Does this mean I am only collecting sales tax on sales in California? I am based in California so I assume all sales should have sales tax charged. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks!

Replies 7 (7)

camiuchoa
Visitor
2 0 1

I'm having the same problem and super puzzled by this. Shopify is collecting tax from CA sales, but everywhere else doesn't pay. It seems like if you want  to collect sales tax in other states you need a sellers ID which makes no sense... 

I don't have have an explanation on why this is happening, but yes what is happening is that Shopify is charging tax on orders from your state. 

foundrentalco
Visitor
2 0 1

Has anyone found a solution to this? We're having the same issue.

Sufio
Shopify Partner
182 2 58

Hi all,

Usually, there are three possible causes as to why taxes are missing on your orders and invoices:

• The country tax rate is not configured properly.
  • The product is not set as taxable.
  • The customer is set as tax-exempt.

I would recommend double-checking the above to make sure that everything will work well. Also, feel free to check more details in our article regarding missing tax on Shopify orders and invoices.

I hope it helps!

- Lenka from Sufio

Aisier
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, 

i have checked and all of the three mentioned possible issues are not present, but my store still does not collect taxes. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

HRHaccessories
Visitor
1 0 0

Do you have the box checked that taxes are included? This was the solution to my problem. I was including taxes and have changed, but forgot to uncheck the box. Now that the box is not checked, taxes are being collected. I hope this helps! 

HRHaccessories_0-1635792012654.png

locaflora102
Visitor
2 0 0

I am having this issue as well.

rwnharts
Visitor
1 0 0

Anyone figured this out by now, I'm having that problem too. My settings are for the US and my tax id number and info is all entered correctly but when I tested a few checkouts none of them are collecting the tax.