Sales tax is not added in final price

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

I'm currently in test mode of my store!  I did a test order and noticed that the taxes were NOT calculated in the purchase price.  All my products have the check mark next to charge taxes and I have my state added to my physical presence.  I have no idea what is wrong.  Taxes 1.pngtaxes 3.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
252 31 36

Hey there, @UiJewelry!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome, and thanks for posting! It looks like your tax is in fact being calculated, but it's being included in the price of your product:

If you're wanting your taxes to be added on to your product pricing (rather than included in your product pricing), you can make these changes in your Settings > Taxes. In the Tax calculations section, you'll want to uncheck "Show all prices with tax included", as shown here:

You can also reference our Include taxes in product prices guide to learn more.

Once you've saved the changes, your taxes should be displayed as an additional fee! If you have any trouble with this, or if you're finding your taxes still aren't displaying accurately, please let me know and I'd be happy to move our conversation over to email and take a deeper look. I hope this helps!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Ryder!  Thank you for the reply!  Yes, that box that you made mention of was already checked!  BUT, if you do the calculations, my item is $18.00 and my shipping is $4.90 which comes to $22.90.  Now if I was being charged the tax on that, my total amount should be $23.82, not $22.90, yes?  There must be something else that isn't right.  If you could advance this so we can resolve the situation, that would be great!  Thanks again!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
252 31 36

Hey again, @UiJewelry!

To clarify, the box will need to be unchecked - not checked. This means that the system assumes that the $18.00 product price includes the $0.92 in taxes. Some regions are required to include the tax cost in the price of the product, which is why this option exists. If you wanted the tax to be additional, you'll want to uncheck this box. If you've unchecked it already, and tested another order without any avail, please let me know! I'll gladly proceed with sending you an email so that we can dive into this a little deeper.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

That worked! Thank you for your time!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue where taxes are not being added as a separate line item. However in my case the box in question(Show all prices with tax included) is and has been unchecked. I just completed my first 2 sales which is great but I now have a lower (in my case almost 0) profit margin. May I ask for assistance in making sure I set this correctly?

0 Likes