Selling as an UK company to the rest of the world - how?

Solved
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3735 324 732

Hi @ali426,

No worries, good questions! 

I would firstly recommend to speak to a legal representative or an accountant about this. We wouldn't be experts in areas such as these. If it was me though, I would make the invoice my companies primary address. 

Regarding where you should say your product is shipped from, I would be truthful and say it's China. Can I ask, where you are looking to say this though? Is this something the UK government is asking or just generally for your customers? 

Regarding the VAT, this is something you should definitely double check with your accountant. I can guide and show you how to set up VAT for your store, but I can't say for certain when and where you need to charge it. 

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by:

finally as a company when I place order by Aliexpress how can I improve that this order price was paid by my company 

I need to keep this order  as one of the company's expenses 

Do you mean, you want to prove that your company purchased the items from Ali Express? Let me know. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ali426
Excursionist
23 0 2

, where you are looking to say this though? Is this something the UK government is asking or just generally for your customers? 

it's for me ^_^

2021-05-05 145348 vat.png

read this please ,

he tell us if  "I" sell to my country I have to charge VAT sure if hit the threshold in that country (this what I could understand and I don't know if this includes Uk)

this situation confuses me my company in UK and customers buy from me but I use aliexpress to ship to them

so do I sell to my home country -UK in this case-

or not ,Aliexpress he who sell UK customers because I give him all my  customer details like his name ,address in Uk   even aliexpress himself charge me VAT because I type one UK  address 

Do you mean, you want to prove that your company purchased the items from Ali Express? Let me know.

exactly ,bcz when I give my customer invoice with 50 $ value it shows that I receive 50 as income but not all of this is 50 is revenue I should cut  25 product cost first.

@Nick  

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3735 324 732

Hi @ali426,

If it's just for yourself, then you could write an information page of some kind and link it to your store so it's visible for your customers, kind of like a privacy policy page of sorts, but this could explain this aspect of your business. Personally, I feel it could complicate things if you mention AliExpress to your customers as they could just go to AliExpress also. If your business is in the UK and you run it from there, then I would look to follow the UK business laws primarily over anything else and then speak to an accountant about the VAT aspect on the shipping from a different country. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes