Separating Shipping and taxes in reports

Heather_Doherty
2 0 0

Hi,

I am trying to figure out my taxes collected and shiiping revenue in for the first quarter.  Is there a way of seeing these things separated from the revenue ?? I have a few different tax rates

thanks!!

0 Likes
Tejaswi
Shopify Partner
175 0 35

Updated my answer below. Accidently submitted answer twice :) 

0 Likes
Tejaswi
Shopify Partner
175 0 35

Hi Heather, 

You can't seperate out your income and generate such a report in Shopify. But you emphasised a very crucial accounting need. As of today, Shopify merchants are using the top accounting softwares like QuickBooks Online or Xero for this. when you enter or sync your Shopify data into the accounting software, it will generate Shipping income reports, Tax reports and more. 

The customization in these sofrwares allow you to generate reports for any qurater or time period of your choice as well. To focus on reporting, you can choose an app to integrate Shopify and accounting software in the app store. 

I will be glad to answer any more questions you have. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Heather_Doherty
2 0 0

Thank-you very much!!!  I was thinking that that might have been the case so I am going to start setting all of that stuff up for myself. 

thank-you :)

0 Likes
Jason42
Explorer
49 0 23

You can see shipping and taxes broken out in Order Reports for any time period you wish but you have to be on the Unlimited Plan.  

0 Likes
ashton_kind
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
14 0 0

Alternatively, you can always try doing an order export for the date range you are looking at :)

https://docs.shopify.com/manual/your-store/orders/export-orders

You can pull information such as your revenue amounts, shipping costs and taxes all from the spreadsheet it generates.

0 Likes