Seperate different VAT %'s in combination product.

3 0 0

Hello there,

I'm looking into the capabilities for my new webshop and I have run into a possible issue a friend of mine already has with his shopify hosted webshop.

I'm looking to sell both 6% and 21% VAT products and in my country these need to be specified seperately on the invoice.

I want to sell combination packs however where people can buy a combination of 6% and 21% VAT products for a reduced combined price. The only way I see how to calculate the correct VAT amount is by calculating this by hand and then create a VAT tax override rule for that combination product. But then on the invoice only that total VAT price derived from the specified (imaginary-hand-calculated) VAT percentage will be shown and not the seperate VAT prices of the discounted products in the combination pack.

How do I handle this?

Much thanks

0 Likes
3 0 0

What do you mean?

0 Likes
2 0 0

For example , we have 4% VAT for Books in Spain and 21% VAT in clothes, and I sell a pack of book and shirt, but I can't configure VAT for each product. 

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hey, when you say 'my country', which jurisdiction are we talking about, Spain?

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi, not in my case the netherlands where food products are 6% VAT and other products are 21% VAT. Selling a combination package of food type products with food utensils for example seems really difficult because there seems to be no built in way to calculate the different VAT % in the combination package.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
660 0 100

You can use a tax-override collection for this scenario: https://help.shopify.com/manual/taxes/tax-overrides

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
52 0 27

Hi there,

If you're talking about Spain, we have a Spanish tax guide for Shopify stores to help you configure your VAT (IVA or Impuesto Sobre el valor añadido). There you can find tax guides for other major EU countries too, as well as non-EU countries such as India, Australia, Canada, etc.

In case you want to provide legal invoices to your Spanish customers, check out our invoicing app for Spanish Shopify stores. Our invoicing app displays all mandatory information, including VAT ID numbers (NIF or Número de Identificación Fiscal) of your store and your customers.

Hasta pronto,

Jan, Sufio

0 Likes