How do I start setting up my small online business on Shopify?

BGordon7789
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi There! I am new to the shopify platform (Have been previously selling on Etsy and Ebay) and I see there are a lot of fine details that you need to understand in order to make sure you don't run into trouble on the back end with taxes and permits.

My operation is small.  Basically selling collectibles and custom items from the state of Mississippi.  I do not have any brick and mortar setup, just a side hustle from home.  I want to eventually grow my brand, so I decided I should invest in starting a shopify store.  I am so afraid I am going to miss something critical in the setup of the shop that will get me into trouble later just because I do not full understand all the avaliable options. So my question is....where do I even start?  What is the fine print for a small side hustle business that is not generating tons of income (on Etsy I was able to pull 10K net within a 2 month period)?  Is there a good straight forward reference that can assist with getting started?  Any advice is much appreciated!

Replies 0 (0)