Shop Based in EU, using U.S. drop shipper.

phil_s_
Excursionist
47 0 4

Hello,

I'm based in Belgium. In my shop I will sell art products ( like framed fine art prints and canvas prints etc ). I will mainly use companies based in the U.S. to print and frame the artworks and then dropship them to the customer ( possibly I will also use a U.K. drop shipper ). For the reason that my droppshipper is in the U.S. I wil market mainly to U.S. customers. But I will also want to ship and sell to EU countries and customers. ( and eventually also non EU countries ).

If I understand the tax rules correctly ( I'm self employed and I have a VAT number but I'm new to how the tax rules would  apply for e-commerce ), since I the seller am based in Belgium / EU I will not have to charge a sales tax to customers outside of the EU ( for example for U.S. customers there will not be an added or included sale tax to the price ). I will have to charge ( or include in the final price ) a sales tax to any EU customers ( subquestion, is it the tax rate of Belgium that I will have to charge or the tax rate of the country the customer is in? ).

My main question is, since my products will be made in and shipped from the U.S. and not made or shipped from the EU, would I still have to charge a sales tax to any EU customers, since any EU customer will already be charged a customs tax when they receive their products ( because the products arrived from outside the EU ).

Przemek
6 0 0

Hi Phil, I have the same dilemma, did you manage to find answers to your questions?

Regards
Przemek

0 Likes
Alveko
1 0 0

"If I understand the tax rules correctly ( I'm self employed and I have a VAT number but I'm new to how the tax rules would  apply for e-commerce ), since I the seller am based in Belgium / EU I will not have to charge a sales tax to customers outside of the EU ( for example for U.S. customers there will not be an added or included sale tax to the price ). I will have to charge ( or include in the final price ) a sales tax to any EU customers ( subquestion, is it the tax rate of Belgium that I will have to charge or the tax rate of the country the customer is in? )."

Bump, would like to understand and know this part as well.

0 Likes