Shopify Payments for non-US resident, don't have SSN but have LLC

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey @Peter 

Maybe you can give me some advice as well since I am searching for the right answer.

I am non US citizen and I have LLC company, EIN, bank account, address but I don't have a SSN.

Our business is fully operating, manufacturing and shipping from the USA. We sell worldwide but all products are made in USA. And I am not living in USA I am living in Turkey.

I was wondering If I can use shopify payments for our business. We want to integrate it into our website.

Thank you @Peter 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

If you are the business owner and you're based outside of the United States, but your business is located in the United States, then we may be able to provide Shopify Payments. To have this reviewed, the account owner would need to provide all of the following documents: 

• Government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - non-US ID may be accepted)
  • A Tax ID in the United States:
    1. EIN if you are LLC/Corp
    2. SSN if you are Sole Proprietor
  • Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government)
  • Proof that the business is operating from the US. This can include tracking showing you are shipping from the US or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address).
  • A USD checking account opened with a real US banking institution, located on US soil. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this; it has to be a real US bank.

If the required documents can't be provided, or if the account is not eligible to use Shopify Payments after the review, then your best option would be to utilize one of the payment providers available to you in Turkey. You'll still be able to sell in USD while using one of these payment processors; however, it is essential to note that when using a third-party payment provider, you are subject to transaction fees per order. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello, @Peter

My situation is almost the same as Mr. Cevdet however, I am based in New York.  I will obtain LLC company very soon and every document required by you except SSN.  So I want to make sure that I can use Shopify Payment before establishing the website. 

Have a nice day

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi @Peter 

I'm having the same problem with Mr. Cevdet. I live in Turkey but I have an LLC, real address(not virtual), EIN, ITIN, business registration document, and USD checking account at real US banking institution but I don't have an SSN to set up Shopify Payments. Could you help me set up Shopify payment If I am eligible?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

@kaanfurrier 

If you're in the United States, then we would require an SSN to use Shopify Payments. I'm afraid there is not a way to bypass this requirement. 

@Bora 

Do you also have proof that the business is operating from the United States? If yes, then I can reach out to you via email to send your store up for further review to determine if you're eligible for Shopify payments.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi @Peter,

Thank you for your response.

I can provide all of the following documents. Could you please assist me about Shopify Payments and where to send the required documents and about what to do now.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi @Peter 

I'm on a 14-day free trial and I'm thinking of doing Oberlo dropshipping but If I have to work with U.S. based suppliers for approved by Shopify payments I can redesign by store and work with U.S. suppliers.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

@Cevdet 

Sure thing! I've shipped you an email.

@Bora 

You would need to ensure that you have proof that the business is operating from the US. Without this, the request can not be reviewed. 

0 Likes
3 0 0

@Peter 

If you can reach out to me via email, I can provide all of my company documents that prove the business is operating from the US.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

@Bora 

Sure thing! I've shipped you an email. 

0 Likes