Shopify Payments for non-US resident, don't have SSN but have LLC

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi @Peter We are a U.S entity with all shareholders being non-us residents. We have all the following docs you need. Could you please send me an email where I can forward the docs to?

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
990 57 184

@hellomeshop 

Email sent!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Peter,

I have the same issue, however I have not completed my store set-up or on-boarded US suppliers. The store will operate from the US.

Here are my questions:

1. Should I complete this process before setting up the payments? (Seems a little strange to me that you would go through the process prior to ensuring you can get paid.)
  2. Can I forward you the information required to setup Shopify Payments? (I have everything listed below (pasted from one of your previous comments)
    • Government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - non-US ID may be accepted) 
    • A Tax ID in the United States:
      • EIN if you are LLC/Corp
    • Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government)
    • Proof that the business is operating from the US. This can include tracking showing you are shipping from the US or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address). (This I do not have since I have not launched. See point #1)
    • A USD checking account opened with a real US banking institution, located on US soil. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this; it has to be a real US bank.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hello Kiraikra
We are in the same situation as you and was wondering if you could tell me which third party payment provider you managed to use. Perhaps you could email me on sales.kphoto@gmail.com. Thank you so much!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
990 57 184

@Xaandra 

We would require all of the documents to be available for the request to be escalated. If you are waiting on completing your store before all the documents would be ready, then it would be best to wait until then before sending the account up for review. 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hello Peter
We also have the same issue. We have a US based LLC with a US bank account, an address, and a fulfillment center that is already holding some of our inventory. But both owners are non US residents.
We haven’t launched yet, and have got turned down from Shopify payments. Yet I see that it is possible to do so! Can you please send me the email required to try and resend all my documents? Is there somehow you can handle this issue?
Thank you
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
990 57 184

Hi, @Libs20

Based on the context you've provided, it sounds like you are already in touch with the team that would handle the request to use Shopify Payments. This would be the same team I would escalate your request to; therefore, creating an escalation on your behalf would not bear different results. Your best option here would be to follow up on the email you would have received as that email is connected to the team that would be able to make the final decision. 

0 Likes