Shopify Payments for non-US resident, don't have SSN but have LLC

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello, Future Viewers!

To apply for Shopify Payments US when you are not based in the United States, but your company is operating out of the United States, then you will need all of the required documents below: 

• Government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - non-US ID may be accepted)
  • A Tax ID in the United States:
    1. EIN if you are LLC/Corp
    2. SSN if you are Sole Proprietor
  • Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government)
  • Proof that the business is operating from the US. This can include tracking showing you are shipping from the US or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address).
  • A USD checking account opened with a real US banking institution, located on US soil. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this; it has to be a real US bank.

If you have the required documents, then it would be best to reach out to our support as the forums community is not a regularly monitored area. For a quicker response, resolution, and better user experience, you'll want to reach out to us via phone, chat, or email. Alternatively, you can reach out to our support via Twitter or Facebook. Due to this, I will be closing this forum for all future replies. 

I am not an U.S. resident, but I am the sole owner of the company (LLC) in the U.S. and have an account with a regular bank (not an virtual bank). It turns out that I have all the documents from the list above, but I do not have an office or physical address in the U.S. due to lack of need.

Can I get shopify payments if I provide training services in cyber sports games, but do not sell physical products?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Thanks for the info! Yet, I've been trying to reach out to the support team multiple times and their response rate was horrible!

All I've getting was that their "Tax Team" will reach out to me but they haven't (for days) and even with all the documents ready, I am not able to set up the account properly because I'm not getting any help from the Shopify. 

Any suggestion about this?

Thanks

0 Likes