Shopify Taxes Settings

2 0 0
Hello Dear Shopify Team, I am Using Oberlo with My Shopify Store.
✓ I live in India (Asian Country) and I Do Dropshipping From Aliexpress (China) to USA only.
✓ I have no any physical nexus in USA.
✓ So What Taxes Settings I Have To Do In My Shopify Store and I Have To Pay Taxes On Products Or Not ?
✓ Please Help To Get Out Of This Problem ASAP.
If you don't understand what i trying to ask please remind me i"ll try to ask in more easy way !!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
169 17 32

Hi, @Kapil_Bisht.

Julie here, from Shopify Support.

It's great to hear that you're considering how to set up taxes on your store. This is something that can often be overlooked so I'm glad you're doing your due diligence.

While Shopify gives you the ability to collect GST in India and sales tax in the United States, whether or not you are required to collect this tax if you are selling from India to the United States would be something you'll need to speak with a local tax professional about, especially since tax laws vary across countries.

However, I did manage to find a GST guide for Shopify stores in India by Sufio. While this article doesn't provide any tax advice, you might find it useful as it does further explain how tax laws work in India. Regardless, reaching out to a local tax professional for advice would be your best course of action. I'm sure they'll be able to provide the most precise answer. 

I hope this helps! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes