Shopify billing with virtual mastercard

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey everyone ,

It's my fist post and I am new to the ecommerce industry so I'm really sorry if this is not the right section to ask about this , but I want to start my store but I don't have a credit card to pay for my shopify plan , but I have a virtual mastercard that I use online .

So can I pay my shopify bills and expenses using this virtual mastercard or do I need a plastic bank credit card ?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 97

Hey, Akramreal!

Welcome aboard, and thanks for reaching out today - my name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

Currently, virtual credit cards aren't officially supported as a payment method for Shopify subscriptions - it's standard credit cards only.  Other payment methods, such as virtual cards, debit/credit, and prepaid cards may work sometimes, but we can't guarantee that payments will go through as they ought to.  That being the case, a standard credit card is really your best bet to ensure your store sees no interruptions.  

Had you already started a store with us?  If you're interested in trying out a trial, you can sign up right over here - there's no card required for your trial period.  If you have, we'd be happy to extend that trial for you a little, to ensure you've got time to get a credit card for your subscription.  Just reach out to us and we'll be happy to help!

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time.  We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

0 Likes