Shopify charges summary and account summary reports gone?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi there, last year when I was filing taxes for prior year (2018), I could easily access summary reports of a charges breakdown for the whole year and also an account summary.  Shopify doesn't have those two very convenient and very important reports anywhere.  I am NOT talking about sales report.  I know they are available under Analytics.  I am talking about the charges Shopify charges to me.  How are you retrieving charges summaries and account summaries now that they are not easily accessible or completely inaccessible?  Maybe I am overlooking something?  Any help would be sincerely appreciated!

Krish

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
274 36 31

Hello, @OorjaNutrition.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

That’s a great question! I understand you’re looking for the account summary, not the sales reports. You can get access to the account summary under “Analytics > Reports > Finances > Finance summary”, from there you can apply the date filter for ‘Last year’. 

16-49-uafnw-b4jjb

16-18-ij1f4-plbtn

As for the charges, you can find them under “Settings > Billing” and the charges are broken down within each invoice. That being said, if you’re using Shopify Payments, you might be referring to the credit card processing fees for each order. If so, the credit card processing fees can be found when you view your payouts. From the payouts, you can apply a filter for ‘Payout Date’ and view the ‘Transactions’ directly in your admin or export the data as a spreadsheet. 

16-57-f95dg-yyro6

Let me know if this is what you were looking for! If you have any other questions on reports, don’t hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi, thank you for your attempt to answer my question.  But it does not answer my question.  I already knew about the finance anaytics reporting.  I was more interested in the app and subscription and misc charges by Shopify.  Until last year, there was an easy way to access this under settings > billing.  But you have removed that feature now and the only overview is for last three months.  Yes, your suggestion of going individually in each billing cycle under Billing history works.  But that means I have to manually go into billing history and go through each billing statement for every month.  Even then, I have to further drill down to find out the various app charges, etc.  Why would you so significantly increase the manual work load on all the small businesses?  When there was a clear and easy solution to see this with couple of clicks until last year?  smh.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
274 36 31

Hey, @OorjaNutrition.

Thank you for following up and clarifying the report you’re looking for. There is a Finance Overview located under ‘Settings > Billing > Finance overview’; however, this report only dates back to 90 days. That being said, it’s never our intention to increase the workload for our merchants and I can see how useful this feature could be, so I will be sharing this feedback with our teams. If Shopify moves forward with this feature request - you will be able to find it in our changelog or announcements page. In the meantime, the workaround is to use the monthly invoices for the charges. If you have any other questions or feedback on this topic, don’t hesitate to let me know in this thread

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

I second this complaint.  Limiting the Finance Summary for Shopify fees to 90 days is a slap in the face to EVERY customer who needs to do their taxes.  It is simple enough: last year, you could access the previous year summary.  Now it is limited to 90 days.  And going bill by bill is extra arduous as you can't even open bills in a new window.  Every time you access a bill, you have to reset the time filters to limit the results to the previous year.

Very disappointed in Shopify to not even offer an annual summary of fees to their customers or an easy, clean, and effective way to navigate billing for specific periods.

0 Likes