Shopify from Australia

Mohammed1
2 0 0

Hello everyone,

I am planning to open a shopify store from australia. I am a bit confused about the tax section. How can I find the right tax rates from australia? can anyone help me with all these tax stuffs that is related to australia?

Thank you

0 Likes
Karlie_old
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
113 0 6

Hello Mohammed! 

Kassey here from the Shopify Guru Team! Usually, as the merchant, you would only charge taxes to the province/state that you're selling in, but to provide some more context - I would recommend taking a peek at the Should you be Charging Sale Tax Shopify guide!
When setting up your taxes section from your Shopify admin, you will want to follow the guides in this helpful Shopify doc. But be sure to ask a financial professional or a tax professional near you to double check on what you should be charging for taxes!

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify support!

Kassey S
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Mohammed1
2 0 0

Dear Kassey ,

Thank you for your feedback. I was looking at the website where it says we will start paying tax when your income reaches to 1800 AUD. As a starter I am not sure whether I can generate this much sales. So , as for now in tax setting what option will be safe for me ?

0 Likes
Lakshmi_Balacha
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Mohammed,

I'm building a store to be operated from Australia. What I understand is you only need to pay taxes when you start making some income(not sure of the limt) from your business. And GST is applicable only when you have turnover in excess of 75k. So, for launch we can leave the tax section blank. This is my understanding. However, appreciate if you have got some other info on this and can share it.

Regards,

Lakshmi

0 Likes