Statement of Charges only available for 90 days - need export for entire store history

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

I can't even find a 3rd party app that works for this, did you?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 7

I have not looked. I just don't understand why they would remove the year end statement of charges. It seems they are the only company that removes features as they grow. Asinine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 6

We didn't look either - we felt it was absurd to even think about paying for a feature that used to be available.  I caught up our database by a long, risky, and arduous process...and am just making sure I export once a week or so.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 5

I totally agree with Brian.

I am able to see years of statement history with my bank statements, credit card statements, utility statements, mobile plan statements, etc. It makes no sense whatsoever for Shopify to limit the access to statements to only 90 days. For new store owners like myself, who aren't aware of this issue, we're unable to account for and thereby correctly prepare taxes for charges incurred.

Why would any company remove their charge history? It's ANTI-transparent and gives the impression that the company is trying to hide their charges.

My accountant needs our Shopify billing statements from the beginning of the year. How can we get this?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 39 83

Hi @snehal@blconn@James22222 and @TheSteelShop 

I'm just dropping in to let you know that I understand your frustration and recognize why your requests are important. I have sent the feedback from each of you to our Merchant Feedback team for review and consideration.

For the time being, you can still access the data you need by viewing and downloading each bill separately and plugging the data into a spreadsheet to help expedite the process of obtaining your total numbers. I completely agree that this is not ideal.

If anything changes, this will be my first stop for an update. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 5
FYI: We get billed every single day because we reach our billing threshold.
That means, we'd have to download the billing statements for 30 days and
individually copy/paste them into a spreadsheet, hoping not to make an
unintentional mistake, which can happen when doing volumes of manual data
entry.

This is completely ridiculous. What's even more disturbing is why in the
world would someone or some team at Shopify decide it's no longer necessary
for customers to see their monthly billing statement history? It's
COMPLETELY ABSURD and RIDICULOUS. This is the type of stuff that eventually
leads to laws being made that prevent companies like Shopify from making
"Anti-transparent" movements that essentially make it very difficult for
customers to see how they're being charged. It's just plain wrong. It
violates consumer trust.
1 Like
Highlighted

Just another voice to the chorus echoing the need for access to this data. 

I can't even comprehend how anyone on the development team could justify removing access to accounting data for an online shop. Do they not file taxes? Does Shopify not track their own finances? 

It's not like these are HD video files, they are numbers. 

I don't see any point in removing the data, EVER, as long as your subscription is active. 

And to not even warn shop owners about this deliberately-implemented change is just beyond belief. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4
FULLY AGREED, this is ridiculous.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 5

****NOTICE PLEASE READ******

As fellow Shopify store owners, If we collectively want Shopify to care about this issue, please "Like" all (or as many as you can) of the other supporting comments on this thread.

If I was leading Shopify's product management team, which I'm not, I imagine this would be one of the criteria I would use, or my team would use, to prioritize caring about this issue compared to the many other issues posted.

1 Like