Stuck on Credit Card Processor section of CA Sellers Permit application

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 8

I am applying online with the California Dept of Tax and Fee Administration for a California Sales Tax Permit.

I am being asked for the following:

Merchant Card Processor Name

Merchant Card Processor Account

My shopify store is setup to accept credit cards through Shopify.  I tried reaching out through another thread but havent heard anything back yet.  Can a Shopify expert help me in this matter?  Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 8

Bump!

Is there anyone avilable to help me with this anwser.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 8

I'll get in touch with Shopify support and see if they have an answer for me instead. I have honestly waited over a month to get answer after posting on another thread as well.  Can't delay opening my store any longer.

Highlighted
2 0 3

Did you figure out the right answer? Facing the same challenge in LA

Highlighted
1 0 1

Ran into the same problem. Any answers?

Highlighted
2 0 3

nope :(

Highlighted
1 0 1

I have the same question. You think this should be easily available information. Anyone find out who the "Merchant Card Processor Account" & "Merchant Card Processor Account" are? 

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

I did a chat session with Shopify support and got an answer in < 5 minutes.

I'm not sure if this will vary for different people, but they said payment processor was "Shopify Payments". 

They gave me an account number for the Merchant Card Processor Account, but I don't know if that is unique per store or for any other reason, so I won't share that.

Just contact Shopify Chat support:

https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/chat

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi after contacting shopify support, they told me the merchant processor number is simply your store ID

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hey, there.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thanks everyone for reaching out!

@GLP is absolutely correct (thank you for sharing this with the community).

If you're using Shopify Payments, the Merchant Account Name is 'Shopify Payments' and the Merchant Account Number is your unique Shop ID. Since the Shop ID isn't visible through the admin, you'll need to contact our support team in order to get your Shop ID. 

That being said, if you're unable to contact Shopify Support - I'd be happy to take a look at your store as well. However, it's worth mentioning that contacting our support team through the link (shared above) will be the quickest option. 

I hope this helps! If there's any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog