Tax Collection Automation Apps

jordanisaman
1 0 0

Hi All,

I'm starting to get frustrated with Shopify. It seems as is there is no good app or easy way to automate collection of sales tax. The last thing I want to do is manually keep track of sales tax collection and payment/filing of returns in each applicable state. I need a solution that will do this automatically. TaxJar appears to have horrible ratings, and I don't see any alternatives other than Avalara AvaTax, which looks like it would be good, but isn't available for non Shopify Plus users. The other Avalara app seems bad. Any suggestions????? There has to be a good app or easy way to handle this issue.

0 Likes
gwm
2 0 0

I am looking for the same thing. Very Frustrating. .  

0 Likes
norblighting
Tourist
3 0 0

Not sure what other's have complained about but we've had a good experience with TaxJar.  We have been using TaxJar for almost a year.  We have economic Nexus in 12 states, and no issues with getting TaxJar set up and their reports are easy to use and understand.  We have those set up on Autofile so it has been super simple -- a total lifesaver for our team.  The only complaint for me is the price -- it's the highest subscription cost we have to run our eCommerce business.

0 Likes
gwm
2 0 0
Oh I’m glad you have had a great experience. Did they setup all jurisdictions for you?

Yes. When I inquired ,the rate was quite high. Just the lack of options is disappointing.
0 Likes