Tax Included in Price - export does not attract tax

Jason42
Explorer
49 0 23

When I check the box that taxes are includes in price and sell domestically, no problem as tax will be calculated and line itemed on invoice but total total price will equal the list price because 'the tax is inlcuded in price' so that works great, no issues.

HOWEVER, when I sell that same good across a tax border within which under my tax jurisdiction I do not have pay the taxman.  Lets call this in Shopify lingo, "Rest of World" and that tax rate is ZERO.  So now I have box checked that default tax rate is included in the list price but now I sell a good to Rest of World.  My invoice does put a big fat zero on the tax line item which is correct.  BUT the list price is not adjusted downward. WHY?  I have told Shopify that my default tax is inside the list price but now I also tell shopify I sold to someone outside the tax border.  This is a simple math equation to re-calcuate the list price at check out.  I thought tech firms are steaming with mathmaticians.  

Am I missing something?

vinney57
1 0 0

You are not missing something Jason - unfortunatley I have run into the same problem. It's such a simple calculation that should be armed when the 'Price include Tax' option is checked. I'm having to provide discount codes on an individual basis for customers outside the EU - ridiculous! Within the EU it is expected that the price MUST be displayed with tax included.

Come on SHOPIFY!

0 Likes
Jason42
Explorer
49 0 23

shopify guru's have all gone.  Has it been 6-months since the IPO already?

0 Likes