Tax Included on some products or customer groups

Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there a way to mark sales tax as included in prices for some products or some customer groups (on a limited time or one-time basis)?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
265 4 27

Hi, there

Dallas here from the Social Care Team here at Shopify! 

When it comes to taxes there are some customizations that you are able to do, but some of the things that you have listed you wouldn't be able to do. 

On the product page of each product, you have the ability to select if taxes will be charged.

This will then pull in the data from your taxes page (Settings > Taxes in your Store Admin

As far as specific tax setting are concerned you are able to make tax parameters for each country, but unfortunately, there isn't a way to set up your taxes for customer groups. 

If you wanted to set up your taxes for a certain period of time you would have to do so manually. At any time you can go into the product and unselect that charge taxes button. You can also go to Settings > Taxes and adjust the parameters at any time. 

Under the Tax settings for the country, you are able to make more specific tax settings for each region. You are also able to set up tax overrides if you needed.

This link here will go into more detail about all of the tax features that come with, or are available in, your Shopify Admin. 

With all of this being said, however, I definitely recommend you reach out to your local tax professional to make sure that all of the taxes are set up correctly for your products so you don't deal with legal implications down the road. 

I hope that helps to answer your question a bit. 
Best,

Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes