Tax Returns

David_Knight
10 0 0

I am wondering do you recieve tax returns from your shopify store or any ecommerce business

0 Likes
Jade
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
422 0 92

Hi, David!

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify! It's a great idea to ask other Shopify merchants about their experiences with taxes and tax returns for their Shopify stores. Just something to keep in mind, each area has different tax rules and regulations. Because we are not tax experts ourselves, we recommend checking with a Tax Authority in your area for more information about how taxes work when creating an online e-commerce store.

Best Wishes ?

0 Likes
Nerd_Enterprise
5 0 0

Hi David. 

Your tax returns would need to come from your accounting software. Shopify is only going to handle your sales / revenue. To get a tax return done, you will need the rest of your accounting information (expenses, bank balances, receivables, etc...).

If you haven't already, you'll want to set up accounting software, like QuickBooks Online. Then using a product like Webgility, you can sync your sales from Shopify to QuickBooks Online.

Then the rest of your accounting information will be tracked in QuickBooks Online. From there you can run the reports you need to get a tax return filed. 

Hope this helps!

Seth David

Chief Nerd

Nerd Enterprises, Inc.

Advisor to www.billbeez.com

Seth David Chief Nerd NerdEnterprises.com Advisor: Billbeez - www.Billbeez.com
0 Likes