Tax in Sweden. Some important question.

Shahzad_Rafique
1 0 0

Hi i am new here. i am going to start my strore from sweden. I read here that sweden have 25% Tax is applied.  
i want to some question

1. What exactly Tax percentage for sweden ? (i read in old thread that its 25%)
  2. if i start dropshiping to USA then what persentage of tax is applied. is it still 25%. 
  3. What is VAT. kindly give me some detail about it. is it charged from customer or sellers. 
  4. How i pay this tax. is it automaticlly detact from shopify or it detact at the end of month or year.

Sorry for weak english..

0 Likes
Ann
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 89

Hey Shahzad, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

Great questions! Setting up the taxes in your store can definitely be a bit of a challenge! In all cases, we recommend reaching out to a local tax expert so that they can answer questions specific to you and your business. Since tax regulations vary all over the world, for your first and second questions, reaching out to a tax expert would definitely be your best bet! 

As for your third question, I found this third party page that might help clear up what VAT is! Additionally, this page in our Shopify Manual will walk you through how to set up the VAT in your own store when you get all the details :) 

Finally, when you set up your store, you'll be in charge of setting up the tax rules for your customers. Then when your customers order something from your store, you'll be collecting those taxes, and it's up to you to remit them to your government when it comes time. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Cyber_cross
1 0 0

Hi Rafique,

Did you find out about taxation in Sweden? 

I would be greatful if you could provide me some information. 

0 Likes